About me : Lifestyle photographer, Reading
Hi, I’m Jo. So, this is the bit where I need to tell you a little more about me. Who am I? Well most importantly, I’m mummy to 2 scrumptious little people and wife to a truly wonderful man – they are the inspiration behind everything I do and am. Our family, welcomed the arrival of our baby boy in January 2016. We are now a very busy household based in Reading, Berkshire.
Although I have always felt at home with a camera in hand, my first steps on the career ladder were actually in education, as a primary school teacher. I have always enjoyed working with little ones, no day is ever the same. I adore life in the classroom and it is a passion that will always be a part of me, yet with the arrival of our daughter in 2013, I picked up my camera and I have NEVER put it down again. Capturing her little ways, her ever changing features, her moments of madness, created a spark too bright to dampen. I feel very fortunate to be able to say I have two great passions in life. I can’t quite put into words, the excitement and thrill, I get with every session. Now with two little ones of my own, my camera is never far from reach, documenting our everyday moments.
I pride myself in being a family and newborn photographer with a unique style. My aim is to produce natural, beautiful and creative photographs. For me it’s about producing tender, memorable moments authentically (no screens or ‘say cheese’ poses) but retaining the beauty at the same time! However, it’s not just all about the product – in working with me, you can expect a calm, patient and understanding approach (as a mum, I know how it feels when your toddler decides ‘today is just not the day’ right in the middle of the shoot!). My manner is considerate, flexible and unobtrusive – see what some of my wonderful clients have to say about my photography.
But, remove the camera and I am:
- A mum, navigating parenthood with my wonderfully supportive husband Luke.
- A night owl, who rarely goes to bed before midnight (don’t be surprised by the email from me at 00:16!)
- A self-professed technology geek – I love a gadget!
- A foodie (I try to choose the healthier options, although sometimes we all need a treat.)
- A travel lover, beach, city, mountain – I love it all.
- I always love talking about children, families and especially babies, so if you think I might be the right photographer for you or still a little unsure then do give me a ring or send me an email.
Love Jo xxx